If you are now suffering from any App downloading/pairing/connecting failures related issues with Yi Home Camera, this article is a best solution summary for you.
Currently, there are two most common issues:
- HW and App versions mismatch
- Camera firmware is too old
skip this if you have successful experience to pair before
- make sure your App version is up to date
- make sure your Wi-Fi SSID and password is correct and there is no any other security related settings on your router, such as:
- No static IP address assignment
- No MAC address filter
- 2.4GHz Wi-Fi is supported only.
ISSUE 1: Product and App version mismatch
- Identify the product version of your camera
Please check the first 4 characters on the back of the camera as below figure ,
- if the format is [0~9][0~9][A~Z][A~Z], the 3rd and 4th characters standard for the country code (case insensitive):
CN: Chinese Version
US / TW /KR/other Country Code: International Version
- all other format strings: Chinese Version
Please be aware of that:
Chinese version is to be used in China mainland only.
International version is to be used in US/TW/KR only.
2. Install the matching App
You have to install the correct App, otherwise the camera can be never paired.
Currently we have official selling channels in CN/US/KR/TW only, in any other countries/areas, you can’t find this App in your local Google Play or App Store. Error message may be nothing/this App is not available in your market/your device is not support this App/etc.
Chinese Version: App Download
International Version: install from your local Google Play
Chinese Version: Switch to China App Store then install.
Alternately, you can also try the App Mi Smart Home.
International Version: install from your local App Store
ISSUE 2: Camera firmware is too old to pair
We always suggest customers to keep the camera firmware version update to date to get better product performance.
If you have already prepared the matching Camera and App, but still failed in camera pairing or you found the camera working improperly even after reset.
In most case, you can fix it via updating the camera firmware manually.
1. Download the latest version of firmware
International Version: Download Link (US Version)
2. Do manually update following the instruction.
Note: the firmware version must match your camera version. You can flash a Chinese version camera with any other version of firmware and power-on it, but it can never be paired.
I believe above two steps can solve most of your troubles, but if you still have problem, please feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
And you can find out more support information from our support site.